Ponte Lira, Cristina; Silva, Ana Maria Almeida Nobre; Taborda, Rui; Andrade, César Freire (2016): Portuguese coastline between 1958-2010 in shapefile format. PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.853654, In supplement to: Ponte Lira, Cristina; Nobre Silva, Ana; Taborda, Rui; Freire de Andrade, Cesar (2016): Coastline evolution of Portuguese low-lying sandy coast in the last 50 years: an integrated approach. Earth System Science Data, 8(1), 265-278, https://doi.org/10.5194/essd-8-265-2016
Always quote citation above when using data! You can download the citation in several formats below.
Median Latitude: 39.515000 * Median Longitude: -8.130000 * South-bound Latitude: 37.170000 * West-bound Longitude: -8.870000 * North-bound Latitude: 41.860000 * East-bound Longitude: -7.390000
The dataset comprises in one zip-archive:
1) PortugueseCoastline_1958.shp - polyline shapefile mapping the 1958 coastline;
2) PortugueseCoastline_2010.shp - polyline shapefile mapping the 2010 coastline;
3) Rate_of_Change_250m_1958_2010.shp - polyline shapefile representing the long-term change rates between 1958 and 2010, estimated at each 250 m. Rate of change vectors are represented with an exaggeration factor of 5. Rate of change shapefile table of content has the distance of each coastline to a referenced baseline (Date_20100601 and Date_19580101 columns); the distance calculated between both coastlines (Distance column) and rate of change respectively (ChangeRate column).
4) Rate_of_Change_250m_1958_2010.lyr - a lyr file containing the symbology for the Rate_of_Change_250m_1958_2010.shp file.
Data can be assessed with GIS software such ArcGIS or QGIS.
Title describing content:
1) Portuguese coastline of sand-dune systems for the year 1958
2) Portuguese coastline of sand-dune systems for the year 2010
3) Portuguese coastline rates of change between 1958 and 2010. (include both 3) and 4) on the zipped file)
Shape files were created with ArcMap 10.