Weber, Michael E (1992): Sedimentology on cores from the Southern Weddell Sea. PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.884495, Supplement to: Weber, ME (1992): Spätquartäre Sedimentation am Kontinentalrand des südöstlichen Weddellmeeres, Antarktis (Late Quaternary sedimentation at the continental margin of the southeastern Weddell Sea, Antarctica). Berichte zur Polarforschung = Reports on Polar Research, 109, 165 pp, https://doi.org/10.2312/BzP_0109_1992
Always quote above citation when using data! You can download the citation in several formats below.
During four POLARSTERN expeditions geological samples were retrieved on the continental margin in the southeastern Weddell Sea east of Crary Fan for sedimentological studies. Futhermore, high resolution seismic reflection data were collected along 5.000 profile kilometer for interpretation.
Detailed sedimentological analyses were carried out on 22 surface samples as well as on sediment cores from three sites. In addition to a general description of the sediments and structural investigations on X-radiographs, the contents of carbonate and organic carbon, the grain-size and component distribution, the distribution of minerals in the clay fraction and physical properties as water content, porosity, wet bulk density, dry density and magnetic susceptibility were determined. The stratigraphy is based on 14C-dating, the distribution of stable oxygen and carbon isotopes in the planktonic forarninifera Neogloboquadrina pachyderma and On paleomagnetic measurements.
Weber, Michael E; Clark, Peter U; Ricken, Werner; Mitrovica, Jerry X; Hostetler, Steven W; Kuhn, Gerhard (2011): Documentation of sediment core PS1599-3. Alfred Wegener Institute - Polarstern core repository, PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.108007
Weber, Michael E; Clark, Peter U; Ricken, Werner; Mitrovica, Jerry X; Hostetler, Steven W; Kuhn, Gerhard (2011): Documentation of sediment core PS1789-1. Alfred Wegener Institute - Polarstern core repository, PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.108094
Median Latitude: -74.081417 * Median Longitude: -27.627322 * South-bound Latitude: -74.763000 * West-bound Longitude: -31.032000 * North-bound Latitude: -73.040300 * East-bound Longitude: -24.198300
Date/Time Start: 1985-02-02T00:00:00 * Date/Time End: 1990-01-19T21:14:00
Datasets listed in this publication series
- Weber, ME (1996): Distribution of sand fractions in surface sediment samples from the Weddell Sea. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.51413
- Weber, ME (1996): Sand fractions of sediment core PS1789-1. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.50979
- Weber, ME (2000): Sedimentology and sand fractions of core PS1789-1. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.56841
- Weber, ME (2000): Sedimentology and sand fractions of core PS1790-1. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.56842
- Weber, ME (2000): Sedimentology of core PS1599-3. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.57660
- Weber, ME (2000): Sedimentology on surface sample from the Weddell Sea. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.57307