Kaplan, Jed O; Krumhardt, Kristen M (2011): The KK10 Anthropogenic Land Cover Change scenario for the preindustrial Holocene, link to data in NetCDF format. PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.871369, Supplement to: Kaplan, Jed O; Krumhardt, Kristen M; Ellis, Erle C; Ruddiman, William F; Lemmen, Carsten; Klein Goldewijk, Kees (2011): Holocene carbon emissions as a result of anthropogenic land cover change. The Holocene, 21(5), 775-791, https://doi.org/10.1177/0959683610386983
Always quote citation above when using data! You can download the citation in several formats below.
This archive contains the KK10 scenario of Anthropogenic Land Cover Change (ALCC) covering the preindustrial Holocene from 8000 BP to AD 1850. The data are described in Kaplan et al. (The Holocene, 2011). Underlying methodology behind the scenario is also described in Kaplan et al. (Quaternary Science Reviews, 2009).
The data are stored in a NetCDF (version 4) file and have the following attributes:
- Spatial extent: Entire Earth
- Spatial reference system (SRS): Unprojected (geographic, WGS84)
- Spatial resolution: 5 arc-minutes (4320 rows by 2180 columns)
- Temporal extent: 8000 BP (calendar years before AD 1950) to AD 1850
- Temporal resolution: One year (7901 time steps)
- Variables: land_use: Total fraction of each 5' grid cell under any land use