Benson, Richard N (1983): Quaternary radiolarians and plamktonic foraminifera from the mouth of the Gulf of California. PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.817993, Supplement to: Benson, RN (1983): Quaternary radiolarians from the mouth of the Gulf of California, Deep Sea Drilling Project Leg 65. In: Lewis, BTR; Robinson, P; et al. (eds.), Initial Reports of the Deep Sea Drilling Project (U.S. Govt. Printing Office), 65, 491-523, https://doi.org/10.2973/dsdp.proc.65.123.1983
Always quote citation above when using data! You can download the citation in several formats below.
I recovered well-preserved radiolarian assemblages from the Quaternary sediments drilled at all four sites at the mouth of the Gulf of California during Leg 65. The sites, with positions and water depths averaged for all hole locations per site, are Site 482 - 22°47.4'N, 107°59.6'W; water depth, 3022 meters. Site 483 - 22°53.0'N, 108°44.8' W; water depth, 3070 meters. Site 484 - 23°11.2'N, 108°23.6'W; water depth, 2887 meters. Site 485 - 22°44.9'N, 107°54.2'W; water depth, 2981 meters. The nearly 200 taxa I identified are listed alphabetically in the systematic reference list. The only reliable radiolarian biostratigraphic datum determined for the Quaternary sedimentary section is the highest occurrence of Axoprunum angelinum (Hays) at Sites 483, 484, and 485.
Median Latitude: 22.898397 * Median Longitude: -108.356947 * South-bound Latitude: 22.748700 * West-bound Longitude: -108.748300 * North-bound Latitude: 23.188700 * East-bound Longitude: -107.903500
Date/Time Start: 1979-01-24T00:00:00 * Date/Time End: 1979-03-05T00:00:00
Datasets listed in this publication series
- Benson, RN (1983): (Table 2) Radiolarians at DSDP Site 65-482. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.817988
- Benson, RN (1983): (Table 3) Radiolarians at DSDP Hole 65-483. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.232432
- Benson, RN (1983): (Table 4) Radiolarians at DSDP Site 65-484. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.232433
- Benson, RN (1983): (Table 5) Radiolarians at DSDP Site 65-485. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.232434
- Benson, RN (2005): (Table 6) Quaternary planktonic foraminifers at DSDP Site 65-483. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.232426