Spiegler, Dorothee (1999): Bolboforma abundance in ODP Hole 162-982A and DSDP Hole 12-116 sediments. PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.804961, Supplement to: Spiegler, D (1999): Bolboforma biostratigraphy from the Hatton-Rockall Basin (North Atlantic). In: Raymo, ME; Jansen, E; Blum, P; Herbert, TD (eds.) Proceedings of the Ocean Drilling Program, Scientific Results, College Station, TX (Ocean Drilling Program), 162, 1-15, https://doi.org/10.2973/odp.proc.sr.162.013.1999
Always quote citation above when using data! You can download the citation in several formats below.
Although they are fossils of uncertain origin, bolboforms are the best calcareous microfossil group for Neogene biostratigraphy in the North Atlantic. Fifty-two Bolboforma species were observed at the Hatton-Rockall Basin in Ocean Drilling Program Holes 982A (26 samples) and 982B (301 samples) and in Deep Sea Drilling Project Hole 116 (71 samples). The sequence investigated spans the interval from lower Miocene to upper Pliocene. Fourteen zones/subzones were identified and correlated with the calcareous nannoplankton zones, the planktonic foraminifer biostratigraphy, and the time (Ma). The last occurrence of the genus Bolboforma can be dated to 2.84 Ma. Different Bolboforma specimens of middle Miocene age, observed in upper Miocene and upper middle Miocene sediments at Site 982, document redeposition of sediment from the Rockall Bank into the Hatton-Rockall Basin during the latest middle Miocene and late Miocene.
Median Latitude: 57.512560 * Median Longitude: -15.864860 * South-bound Latitude: 57.496000 * West-bound Longitude: -15.924300 * North-bound Latitude: 57.516700 * East-bound Longitude: -15.850000
Date/Time Start: 1970-07-17T00:00:00 * Date/Time End: 1995-07-19T02:25:00
Datasets listed in this publication series
- Spiegler, D (1999): (Table 5) Bolboforma abundance in DSDP Hole 12-116 sediments. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.804958
- Spiegler, D (1999): (Table 4) Bolboforma abundance in ODP Hole 162-982B middle and lower Miocene sediments. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.804957
- Spiegler, D (1999): (Table 3) Bolboforma abundance in ODP Hole 162-982B Miocene sediments. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.804955
- Spiegler, D (1999): (Table 1) Bolboforma abundance in ODP Hole 162-982B Pliocene sediments. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.299560
- Spiegler, D (1999): (Table 2) Bolboforma abundance in ODP Hole 162-982B upper Miocene sediments. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.804954