Lang, Thomas H (1986): Calcareous nannofossils in DSDP Leg 87 holes. PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.804777, Supplement to: Lang, TH (1986): Calcareous nannofossils from the Nankai Trough and Japan Trench, Deep Sea Drilling Project Leg 87. In: Kagami, H; Karig, DE; Coulbourn, WT; et al. (eds.), Initial Reports of the Deep Sea Drilling Project, Washington (U.S. Govt. Printing Office), 87, 573-585, https://doi.org/10.2973/dsdp.proc.87.109.1986
Always quote citation above when using data! You can download the citation in several formats below.
Drilling at three DSDP drill sites on the western margin of the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Japan yielded thick sequences of hemipelagic muds and clays generally depleted of calcareous nannofossils. Operations at Sites 582 and 583 recovered dominantly Quaternary sediments. The Pliocene/Pleistocene boundary was reached near the bottom of Hole 582B. At both sites, preserved coccolith populations contained generally few to common nannoliths. The effects of reworking were evident throughout most sections at these two sites. Drilling at Site 584 in the Japan Trench recovered Holocene to Miocene sediments. Populations of nannofossils from this site were generally more depleted than those from the two Nankai Trough sites. Reworking within these sections appears to be much less severe than in samples from the more southern sites.
Median Latitude: 31.823900 * Median Longitude: 133.865833 * South-bound Latitude: 31.775000 * West-bound Longitude: 133.854300 * North-bound Latitude: 31.836300 * East-bound Longitude: 133.913300
Date/Time Start: 1982-06-28T00:00:00 * Date/Time End: 1982-07-08T00:00:00
Datasets listed in this publication series
- Lang, TH (1986): (Table 1) Distribution of nannofossils in DSDP Hole 87-582B. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.250385
- Lang, TH (1986): (Table 2) Distribution of nannofossils in DSDP Hole 87-583. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.250386
- Lang, TH (1986): (Table 3) Distribution of nannofossils in DSDP Hole 87-583A. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.250387
- Lang, TH (1986): (Table 4) Distribution of nannofossils in DSDP Hole 87-583D. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.250388
- Lang, TH (1986): (Table 5) Distribution of nannofossils in DSDP Hole 87-583F. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.250389
- Lang, TH (1986): (Table 6) Distribution of nannofossils in DSDP Hole 87-583G. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.250390