Ibaraki, Masako (2000): Planktonic foraminifera abundance in sediments of ODP Leg 170 sites. PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.788349, Supplement to: Ibaraki, M (2000): Planktonic foraminifers off Costa Rica in the East Pacific Ocean - biostratigraphic and chronostratigraphic analyses. In: Silver, EA; Kimura, G; Shipley, TH (eds.) Proceedings of the Ocean Drilling Program, Scientific Results, College Station, TX (Ocean Drilling Program), 170, 1-58, https://doi.org/10.2973/odp.proc.sr.170.001.2000
Always quote above citation when using data! You can download the citation in several formats below.
From October to December in 1996, Sites 1039 through 1043 were drilled on the lower continental slope and the bottom of the Middle American Trench. Planktonic foraminifers were obtained from 377 samples of the total 487 examined. The Pliocene- to Pleistocene-age sediments of Sites 1039 and 1043 are continuous from Zones N19 through N23. At Sites 1039 and 1040, middle Miocene sediments are also continuous, encompassing Zones N8 through N12. The sequences of the upper part of Sites 1040, 1041, 1042, and 1043 are décollements, tentatively assignable to Zone N19 for Sites 1040, 1041, and 1042 and to Zone N22 for Site 1043. The oldest sediments of these sites are assigned to Zone N7 (latest early Miocene), ~17 Ma in age.
Median Latitude: 9.669011 * Median Longitude: -86.158719 * South-bound Latitude: 9.639700 * West-bound Longitude: -86.200100 * North-bound Latitude: 9.733700 * East-bound Longitude: -86.112300
Date/Time Start: 1996-11-01T09:30:00 * Date/Time End: 1996-12-11T05:45:00
Datasets listed in this Collection
- Ibaraki, M (2000): (Table T1) Planktonic foraminifera abundance of ODP Site 170-1039 sediments. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.788342
- Ibaraki, M (2000): (Table T2) Planktonic foraminifera abundance of ODP Site 170-1040 sediments. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.788343
- Ibaraki, M (2000): (Table T3) Planktonic foraminifera abundance of ODP Site 170-1041 sediments. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.788344
- Ibaraki, M (2000): (Table T4) Planktonic foraminifera abundance of ODP Site 170-1042 sediments. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.788345
- Ibaraki, M (2000): (Table T5) Planktonic foraminifera abundance of ODP Hole 170-1043A sediments. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.788347