Gebhardt, Holger (2010): Occurence of ostracoda and foraminifera in Mainz Basin. PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.746803, Supplement to: Gebhardt, H (2003): Palaeobiogeography of Late Oligocene to Early Miocene central European ostracoda and foraminifera: progressive isolation of Mainz Basin, northern Upper Rhine Graben and Hanau Basin/Wetterau. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 201(3-4), 343-354, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-0182(03)00619-9
Always quote above citation when using data! You can download the citation in several formats below.
Central European marine to brackish ostracod and benthic foraminiferal phenetic similarities between seven areas have been calculated (Jaccard index) for the early Chattian, late Chattian (Late Oligocene) and Aquitanian (Early Miocene) time slices. The results demonstrate the existence of three (micro-) faunal palaeobiogeographic units: a northern unit, the Upper Rhine Subprovince (URSP for Ostracoda; or Upper Rhine Area, URA for Foraminifera; encompassing the Mainz Basin, northern Upper Rhine Graben and Hanau Basin/Wetterau) and the Western Paratethys. Progressive isolation of the URSP is indicated by reduced indices that bottomed in the basal Miocene, when connections appear to be completely interrupted (Ostracoda) or reduced to a few cosmopolitan species (Foraminifera). The interpretations are, to a large extent, in agreement with other palaeontological data (e.g. molluscs, fish). The general isolation trend is not always continuous for ostracod or foraminiferal assemblages.
Datasets listed in this Collection
- Gebhardt, H (2010): Table 1. Distribution of ostracoda - early Chattian. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.746626
- Gebhardt, H (2010): Table 2. Distribution of ostracoda - late Chattian. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.746734
- Gebhardt, H (2010): Table 3. Distribution of ostracoda - Aquitanian. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.746735
- Gebhardt, H (2010): Table 4. Distribution of foraminifera - early Chattian. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.746736
- Gebhardt, H (2010): Table 5. Distribution of foraminifera - late Chattian. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.746737
- Gebhardt, H (2010): Table 6. Distribution of foraminifera - Aquitanian. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.746738