Lamy, Frank; Arz, Helge W; Bond, Gerard C; Bahr, André; Pätzold, Jürgen (2006): Age determination and clay layer frequencies of sediments of the Black and Red Sea. PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.738417, Supplement to: Lamy, F et al. (2006): Multicentennial-scale hydrological changes in the Black Sea and northern Red Sea during the Holocene and the Arctic/North Atlantic Oscillation. Paleoceanography, 21(1), PA1008, https://doi.org/10.1029/2005PA001184
Always quote above citation when using data! You can download the citation in several formats below.
Paleoenvironmental proxy data for ocean properties, eolian sediment input, and continental rainfall based on high-resolution analyses of sediment cores from the southwestern Black Sea and the northernmost Gulf of Aqaba were used to infer hydroclimatic changes in northern Anatolia and the northern Red Sea region during the last ~7500 years. Pronounced and coherent multicentennial variations in these records reveal patterns that strongly resemble modern temperature and rainfall anomalies related to the Arctic Oscillation/North Atlantic Oscillation (AO/NAO). These patterns suggest a prominent role of AO/NAO-like atmospheric variability during the Holocene beyond interannual to interdecadal timescales, most likely originating from solar output changes.
Median Latitude: 37.493900 * Median Longitude: 32.396678 * South-bound Latitude: 29.501700 * West-bound Longitude: 31.066667 * North-bound Latitude: 41.535000 * East-bound Longitude: 34.956700
Date/Time Start: 1999-03-13T11:23:00 * Date/Time End: 2001-12-26T13:57:00
GeoB5804-4 * Latitude: 29.501700 * Longitude: 34.956700 * Date/Time: 1999-03-13T11:23:00 * Elevation: -464.0 m * Recovery: 3.43 m * Location: Gulf of Aqaba * Campaign: M44/3 * Basis: Meteor (1986) * Method/Device: Gravity corer (Kiel type) (SL)
GeoB7622-2 (633) * Latitude: 41.535000 * Longitude: 31.166667 * Date/Time: 2001-12-25T14:04:00 * Elevation: -1306.0 m * Recovery: 7.68 m * Location: SW Black Sea * Campaign: M51/4 * Basis: Meteor (1986) * Method/Device: Gravity corer (Kiel type) (SL) * Comment: GeoB
Datasets listed in this publication series
- Lamy, F; Arz, HW; Bond, GC et al. (2006): (Table 1a) Age control points of sediment core GeoB7622-2 and GeoB7622-3, Black Sea. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.422408
- Lamy, F; Arz, HW; Bond, GC et al. (2006): (Table 1b) Age control points of sediment core GeoB7625-2, Black Sea. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.422409
- Lamy, F; Arz, HW; Bond, GC et al. (2006): (Table 1c) Age control points of sediment core GeoB5804-4, Gulf of Aqaba, Northern Red Sea. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.422569
- Lamy, F; Arz, HW; Bond, GC et al. (2006): Clay layer frequency record from sediment core GeoB7622-2. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.418299
- Lamy, F; Arz, HW; Bond, GC et al. (2006): Clay layer frequency record from sediment core GeoB7625-2. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.418300
- Lamy, F; Arz, HW; Bond, GC et al. (2006): Paleoenvironmental data of sediment core GeoB5804-4 from the northern Red Sea, Gulf of Aqaba. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.418298