Lebreiro, Susana Martin; Moreno, J C; Abrantes, Fatima F; Pflaumann, Uwe (1997): Paleotemperature and productivity reconstruction of sediment core D11957P on the Iberian Margin. PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.730405, Supplement to: Lebreiro, SM et al. (1997): Productivity and paleoceanographic implications on the Tore Seamount (Iberian Margin) during the last 225 kyr: Foraminiferal evidence. Paleoceanography, 12(5), 718-727, https://doi.org/10.1029/97PA01748
Always quote citation above when using data! You can download the citation in several formats below.
Foraminifera counts and climatic assemblages from the Tore Seamount are used to approach the glacial and interglacial changes in temperature and productivity on the Iberian Margin over the last 225 kyr. Chronostratigraphy is based on Globigerinoides ruber and Globigerina bulloides oxygen isotopes and supported by foraminifera and carbonate stadial fluctuations. Foraminifera indicate cooling from late interglacial stage 5 to the beginning of Termination I (TI). Neogloboquadnna pachyderma-s reflects cold conditions during glacial stages 4-2. In contrast, glacial stage 6 is dominated by warmer N. pachyderma-d and dutertrei and a restricted arctic assemblage. Past sea surface temperatures confirm the general cooling, reaching 4.3°C (SIMMAX.28) during stage 2. Multiple productivity proxies such as organic carbon, productivity-related foraminifera, and delta13C constrain the changes observed. A productivity increase occurs after interglacial stage 5, enhanced from late glacial stage 3 to TI Present-day satellite-detected phytoplankton plumes off Portugal would have accounted in the past glacial stages for the general productivity increase over the Tore. On top of this, welldefined peaks of organic carbon and productivity-related foraminifera correspond with Heinrich events 1-4.
Latitude: 39.050000 * Longitude: -12.583333
Date/Time Start: 1989-11-15T00:00:00 * Date/Time End: 1989-11-15T00:00:00
Datasets listed in this publication series
- Lebreiro, SM; Moreno, JC; Abrantes, FF et al. (1997): (Table 1) Sedimentology of core D11957P. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.53369
- Lebreiro, SM; Moreno, JC; Abrantes, FF et al. (1997): (Table 2) Distribution of planktic foraminifers of sediment core D11957P. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.53373
- Lebreiro, SM; Moreno, JC; Abrantes, FF et al. (1997): (Table 3) Calculated sea surface temperature and paleoproductivity of sediment core D11957P. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.53374
- Lebreiro, SM; Moreno, JC; Abrantes, FF et al. (1997): (Table 4) Calcium carbonate and total organic carbon content of sediment core D11957P. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.53370
- Lebreiro, SM; Moreno, JC; Abrantes, FF et al. (1997): (Table 5) Stable isotopes of planktonic foraminifera from sediment core D11957P. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.53371