Wu, Guoping; Herguera, Juan Carlos; Berger, Wolfgang H (1990): Carbonate sedimentation and stable isotope ratios of sediments from the western equatorial Pacific. PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.727178, Supplement to: Wu, G et al. (1990): Differential dissolution: modification of Late Pleistocene oxygen isotope records in the western equatorial Pacific. Paleoceanography, 5(4), 581-594, https://doi.org/10.1029/PA005i004p00581
Always quote above citation when using data! You can download the citation in several formats below.
Deep-sea records of the Pacific Ocean show dramatic variations in the dissolution intensity of calcium carbonate through the late Pleistocene. Extremes are characterized by much depressed dissolution intensity during deglaciation (preservation spikes) and much enhanced dissolution intensity during ice growth (dissolution spikes). Increased dissolution intensity at dissolution spikes distorts delta18O records by preferential removal of 16O-rich shells, resulting in heavier delta18O values at these sections. The delta18O values tend to remain unaltered at deglacial preservation spikes. Thus the fluctuations of carbonate dissolution intensity modify the late Pleistocene oxygen isotope records in such a fashion that apparent 'climate optima' (as defined by the lightest delta18O values) tend to shift toward preservation spikes, while apparent 'glacial maxima' (characterized by the heaviest delta18O values) shift toward dissolution spikes.
Median Latitude: 0.149833 * Median Longitude: 160.838333 * South-bound Latitude: -0.040000 * West-bound Longitude: 160.405000 * North-bound Latitude: 1.017000 * East-bound Longitude: 161.917000
Date/Time Start: 1971-05-08T00:00:00 * Date/Time End: 1975-04-28T00:00:00
ERDC-124P * Latitude: -0.025000 * Longitude: 160.405000 * Date/Time: 1975-04-27T00:00:00 * Elevation: -2948.0 m * Campaign: ERDC * Basis: Eurydice * Method/Device: Piston corer (PC)
ERDC-127P * Latitude: -0.003000 * Longitude: 161.418000 * Date/Time: 1975-04-27T00:00:00 * Elevation: -3724.0 m * Campaign: ERDC * Basis: Eurydice * Method/Device: Piston corer (PC)
ERDC-130P * Latitude: -0.040000 * Longitude: 161.917000 * Date/Time: 1975-04-28T00:00:00 * Elevation: -4123.0 m * Campaign: ERDC * Basis: Eurydice * Method/Device: Piston corer (PC)
Datasets listed in this publication series
- Wu, G; Herguera, JC; Berger, WH (1990): (Table 2a) Calcium carbonate of sediment core ERDC-124P. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.52406
- Wu, G; Herguera, JC; Berger, WH (1990): (Table 2b) Sand content of sediment core ERDC-124P. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.727172
- Wu, G; Herguera, JC; Berger, WH (1990): (Table 2c) Stable isotope ratios of Pulleniatina obliquiloculata from sediment core ERDC-124P. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.52407
- Wu, G; Herguera, JC; Berger, WH (1990): (Table 2e) Calcium carbonate and sand of sediment core ERDC-130P. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.52409
- Wu, G; Herguera, JC; Berger, WH (1990): (Table 4) Age model of sediment core V28-238. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.52467
- Wu, G; Herguera, JC; Berger, WH (1990): (Tabvle 2d) Calcium carbonate of sediment core ERDC-127P. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.52408