Bühring, Christian (2001): Age determinations and sedimentology on cores GIK17940 and 184-1144. PANGAEA, https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.706909, Supplement to: Bühring, C (2001): East Asian Monsoon variability on orbital- and millennial-to-sub-decadal time scales. PhD Thesis, Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftliche Fakultät der Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Germany, 164 pp, urn:nbn:de:gbv:8-diss-5231
Always quote above citation when using data! You can download the citation in several formats below.
Sedimentological, geochemical and paleomagnetic records were employed to reconstruct the history of East Asian Monsoon variability in the South China Sea (SCS) on orbital- and millennial-to-sub-decadal time scales. A detailed magnetostratigraphy for the southern central SCS was established as well as a stable isotope stratigraphy for ODP Site 1144 for the last 1.2 million years in the northern South China Sea. Furthermore a volcanic tephra layer from the southern central SCS could be identified as the Youngest Toba Ash, which thus re-presents an important age marker and was used to reconstruct paleo wind directions during the eruption 74 ka. Special attention was paid to the high- and ultrahigh-frequency variability in the last glacial-interglacial cycle and the Holocene, and to a precise age control of climate changes in general.
Median Latitude: 20.080283 * Median Longitude: 117.403719 * South-bound Latitude: 20.052980 * West-bound Longitude: 117.383333 * North-bound Latitude: 20.116667 * East-bound Longitude: 117.419050
Date/Time Start: 1994-05-05T00:00:00 * Date/Time End: 1999-03-18T00:00:00
184-1144 * Latitude: 20.053000 * Longitude: 117.419050 * Date/Time Start: 1999-03-13T00:00:00 * Date/Time End: 1999-03-18T00:00:00 * Elevation: -2037.0 m * Penetration: 1108.5 m * Recovery: 1113 m * Location: South China Sea * Campaign: Leg184 * Basis: Joides Resolution * Method/Device: Composite Core (COMPCORE) * Comment: 118 cores; 1103.5 m cored; 5 m drilled; 100.9% recovery
184-1144A * Latitude: 20.052980 * Longitude: 117.418880 * Date/Time Start: 1999-03-13T17:45:00 * Date/Time End: 1999-03-16T06:55:00 * Elevation: -2035.7 m * Penetration: 452.8 m * Recovery: 468.88 m * Location: South China Sea * Campaign: Leg184 * Basis: Joides Resolution * Method/Device: Drilling/drill rig (DRILL) * Comment: 48 cores; 452.8 m cored; 0 m drilled; 103.6 % recovery
Datasets listed in this publication series
- Bühring, C (2001): Age model and sedimentation rates at site 184-1144. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.112555
- Bühring, C (2001): Age model and sedimentation rates of sediment core GIK17940-2. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.113007
- Bühring, C (2001): Calcium carbonate of sediment core GIK17940-2. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.112958
- Bühring, C (2001): Carbon 14 ages at hole 184-1144A. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.112890
- Bühring, C (2001): Carbon 14 ages at site 184-1144. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.112764
- Bühring, C (2001): Color RGB values of sediment core GIK17940-2. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.112959
- Bühring, C (2001): Stable isotopes (G. ruber) from site 184-1144. https://doi.org/10.1594/PANGAEA.112490